Magnetic Forces Lab
- Magnetic Force apparatus and paperclips
What to find:
- Determine a general mathematical relationship between the the magnetic force and distance.
- Data table, clearly labeled.
- Multiple trials
- Graphically determine the relationship between magnetic force and distance. Describe the technique you use and show any calculations you do.
- Give a general mathematical model for this relationship.
Science Argumentation:AP Physics 1
Science Practice 4: The student can plan and implement data collection strategies in relation to a particular scientific question
4.1 The student can justify the selection of the kind of data needed to answer a particular scientific question
4.2 The student can design a plan for collecting data to answer a particular scientific question.
4.3 The student can collect data to answer a particular scientific question
4.4 The student can evaluate sources of data to answer a particular scientific question.
Science Practice 5: The student can perform data analysis and evaluation of evidence.
5.1 The student can analyze data to identify patterns or relationships.
5.2 The student can refine observation and measurements based on data analysis.
5.3 The student can evaluate the evidence provided by data sets in relation to a particular scientific question.
Science Practice 6: The student can work with scientific explanations and theories.
6.1 The student can justify claims with evidence.